Wednesday, August 15, 2018

POLICE LIAISON OFFICER SR SGT ANDREW LAKE FAREWELL


FAREWELL: This will be my final blog post  for Oxenford Neighbourhood Watch as I stood down as the Police Liaison Officer  at last night's meeting. 
I have been heavily involved in Oxenford NHW since moving into the area over 20 years ago as a resident, block coordinator, assistant police liaison officer for Sgt Chris Rutherford, joint police liaison officer with Sgt Greg ‘Doc’ Newman and sole police liaison officer.

I am immensely proud of what our group has been able to achieve over the last few years, in particular the spread into the digital world, all in the word of crime prevention.  

We have raised money to install NHW signs, warning others that we are an observant area, we have operated speed safety trailers, we have installed ‘children stickers on wheelie bins (which achieved national media coverage), most importantly we have reduced the crime rate in our area.

With a change in my work role I will be travelling more often, reducing the available time I have for NHW. Many of you may not be aware, but almost all of what I have done with NHW over the years has been in my own time and it is time to hand over the reins.

I must recognise the two area coordinators I have worked with, Tony Moore and Dominique Lummus as well as all the committee members, block coordinators, other various assistants and especially everyone who has attended our meetings over the years.
 
Everyone has worked with the one goal of improving property security and personal safety, especially for our suburb. 

Farewell.

Share this post